Monday, 17 May 2010

Styling Ideas

I have started to think about styling ideas for the photo shoot of my final collection. These photos will be used within my portfolio and look book to promote my work.

I am going to do the photographs in the studio, as I feel that it will look professional and will not detract from the garments/ print. I also want o create sense of consistency between the photos I take, and the one that was taken by David Lam.

I am drawn to the professionalism of Hannah Marshall’s look books as they reflect her style as a designer, and the focus is on the garments.



In terms of styling I want to keep the hair and make-up subtle and natural. Erdem’s Resort A/W 2009 collection is of particular interest as I love the feminine styling. I will thus opt for the hair to be up in a messy style bun to create an effortless feeling of elegance.





(style.com)

For the make-up I will do something similar to the way MAC did the make-up for my David Lam shoot – Smokey eyes and porcelain skin and nude lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment