Sunday, 25 April 2010

Toile - Long Bra Dress


Evaluation –

Within the collection I wanted to repeat the bra design feature, and I felt that as my collection incorporates both long and short cocktail dresses, a longer body-con version of the short bra dress would look successful and create a level of continuity within the collection.

The long Colum section of the dress will be in printed silk satin. As I did not want to distort the print with seams I decided to use the pattern for the hip dress, but eliminated the hip feature and front/back seams. Through doing this I was able to achieve a figure hugging effect.



I feel that the contrast between the silk and leather will also look effective, as the contrast between luxury silks and leather has been a continuous exploration throughout the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment