Sunday, 11 April 2010

Styling For Photoshoot




I was fortunate to be presented with the opportunity of having one of my garments photographed by David Lam. The session enabled me to style my dress in a way that reflected my project statement, and David Lam perfectly captured the mood I aimed to create – feminine and pretty but with attitude!

I wanted the model to have dramatic make-up, creating an ‘edgy pretty’ look that complimented my research themes for the project. The make-up artist (MAC make-up) was fantastic in picking up the colours within my dress in the eyes. I kept the hair simple as I wanted the focus of the photograph to be on the dress, opting for slicking the hair back away from the face. I teamed the dress with fetish style ballet shoes as they gave the dress an edgy feel, and complimented the feminine silhouette.

We kept the poses simple, putting emphasis on the volume of the dress. It was exciting to see my garment come to life on the model!! Above are images i took after styling the model, photo by David Lam to follow..

No comments:

Post a Comment