Friday, 26 February 2010

Mary Katrantzou A/W09



I was drawn to the decorative nature of katrantzou's digital prints, which came in the form of geometric explosions of colour. The prints are derived from lace, jewels, medals and sashes. It is the way in which Katrantzou places her prints on her garment shapes that inspires me, as it is more sophisticated than a simple placement or repeat print. Viewing Katrantzou’s collection has really encouraged me to consider the relationship between construction and print.I also admire the vibrant use of colour within the collection.



On the neckline of this garment I was drawn to the the juxtaposition of heavy emblishemnt on the light weight silk chiffon. The innovative placemnt and contrast of weights creates dramatic visual impact.

(Image - style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment