Friday, 26 February 2010

Erdem A/W 2010






I was drawn to the beautiful autumnal colour palette of brown, teal, rust and tan of the A/W Erdem collection. Erdem’s S/S 2010 collection has been of inspiration within my current project in relation to the development of my ditsy floral prints, so I felt that it was important to research the A/W collection for further inspiration.

Erdem’s use of appliqué detailing alongside digital print adds a beautifully textural effect that is romantic and feminine. It also gives the prints a different dimension. As I intend to combine beading with print, I feel that I could also explore the possibilities of embroidery and appliqué to further enhance my own print development.

Not only was I inspired by the print and appliqué detailing, I was drawn to Erdem’s silhouettes, which illustrate the designers signature aesthetic; a delicate romanticism. Erdem’s play on volume through bell shaped skirts and fitted dresses is an element I aim to explore through layering, gathers and pattern cutting.

The way in which Erdem builds up his prints throughout the catwalk line up (the finale dresses being saturated in print) is also an elemnt i will explore throughout designing my collection.

(Images - style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment