Monday, 14 December 2009


I also entered the River Island design competition, which was to design a capsule collection of womenswear garments for summer 2010. When considering the key trends for summer 2010 and the river island customer, I felt that my Indigo collection would be perfect to send off. The digital prints are fun and youthful, and the beaded jersey t-shirts have a commercial ‘rock-chic aesthetic’, which I feel is suitable for the river island customer.

The project has encouraged me to consider how my collection could be sold/ marketed, as well as the commercial side of designing for the high street.

I have designed my illustrations on quirky figures to illustrate the romantic/ feminine design of my prints. I feel that my design skills have developed from last semester, and I intend to continue this development through continuous drawing/ sketches as I feel this is integral to my development.

No comments:

Post a Comment